Hey everyone, sorry about missing a post last week. Just didn't get time to write one up properly. Anyway, there was going to be lots of cool things to talk about in this post but something rather depressing happened today. It seems to be my fault and something to learn from but it still sucks.
The Squillamorph Unity project has corrupted. I transport it around on a hard drive, which is always a risk, but luckily the rest of the files on it are fine. I really don't understand how or why it happened. I tried to load the project up today and was presented with a bunch of errors. Upon further inspection it seems that half of the game files are gone without any reason. If any of you have experienced this before with Unity please let me know. I also had a build I made last week which I was going to extract some things from but turns out that has also corrupted, no idea why.
Luckily, I did make a backup after the last post. So all of the performance changes I previously made are intact within that. I think I will attempt to move the project to a cloud based system so that I don't have to worry about the hard drive being responsible. To the game developers amongst you, I cannot stress how important it is to backup your work on a regular basis.
I apologise for this unexpected interruption to the development log but there isn't much I can do about it. I was going to show you a GIF of the build but it turns out that is also corrupted. Hopefully, I'll have more to show next week!
I'm the game developer for Squillamorph. I'll post here on the devlog as often as I can.